Not too shabby first readings

Apr 18, 2016
iowa
I think I'm getting this thing figured out . took my first readings tonight after getting things balanced out.
As of right now I have
Fc-4
Cc->1
Ph- 7.0 ( currently aerating)
TA-100
Cya-40
CH- 500
Pool temp -cold !

What kind of expectations should I have for pH rise from aerating? I know a lot depends on how many bubbles and each individual setup. Currently I just have pump hose dumping in from above. Best I could manage in short notice.

Thanks for all the advice fellas ! I have received my fare share in short time frame of being here! It has sure made a world of difference venturing into the unknown world of pool maintenance for me.

How'd your calcium get to 500 in a new pool?

I think if your typing means that you are greater than 1 CC, that means something is growing in the pool and needs to be addressed.

If you get tired of aerating, you can add a little Borax per PoolMath. Have you discovered that already? http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Sorry the CC was a Typo, suppose to be less than <1.
My CH tests the same from my Tap water. I was concerned with this at first, but doing some research there are a lot of people that have worse numbers than I do. Hopefully The last 2 days of rain will bring that down a Bit. It seems that in my situation it should not be an issue with proper balance and PH monitoring.

I have clorox pool PH up but i did not want to also raise my Ta levels by adding. So i'm taking the slow and steady aeration approach. We will see how that goes and what I get for tests tonight after a couple hours of aeration and some rain on top of it.

Sorry the CC was a Typo, suppose to be less than <1.
My CH tests the same from my Tap water. I was concerned with this at first, but doing some research there are a lot of people that have worse numbers than I do. Hopefully The last 2 days of rain will bring that down a Bit. It seems that in my situation it should not be an issue with proper balance and PH monitoring.

I have clorox pool PH up but i did not want to also raise my Ta levels by adding. So i'm taking the slow and steady aeration approach. We will see how that goes and what I get for tests tonight after a couple hours of aeration and some rain on top of it.

Good move on using aeration. How are you doing it? If you can hook some kind of fountain up that lets the water rise up out of the pool and drop down in many drops it works fastest. It takes a bit of time but it saves you money and the burden of adding yet one more thing to the pool. Just for future reference- you don't need to pay top dollar for that Chlorox branded product. Simple 20MuleTeam Borax or Soda Ash (washing soda) found in the laundry aisle will do the same at less cost.

Good move on using aeration. How are you doing it? If you can hook some kind of fountain up that lets the water rise up out of the pool and drop down in many drops it works fastest. It takes a bit of time but it saves you money and the burden of adding yet one more thing to the pool. Just for future reference- you don't need to pay top dollar for that Chlorox branded product. Simple 20MuleTeam Borax or Soda Ash (washing soda) found in the laundry aisle will do the same at less cost.

Last night I was just using my pump return hose. I took it off the return fitting and let it dump in from above the Frame. it was 8 pm Dark 44° and starting to Rain, so it was quick fix. I plan on attempting to attach a diverter valve and a pvc fountain so i don't have hook and unhook hoses.

Come to find out my wife already has and uses Mule team, but being a newbie and nervous about the whole balanced pool water, I did the whole amazon thing -click click click- order - pay, whoo hoo lets learn to take of a pool. Now after days of reading and TFP research i should have picked my stuff up when I got my milk and eggs from the Grocery store.

Live and Learn !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.