Adding a pump timer

99tj

Apr 26, 2016
SW Michigan
Hi,

First of all new to pool ownership and new to this forum so please excuse my lack of knowledge on pool equipment.

I am looking to add a timer to my pump. My current switch for my pump is pictured below . How would I go about adding a timer and what is a good recommendation on a timer.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_8737.jpg
    IMG_8737.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 59
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I would suggest a mechanical Intermatic, the T101B or T101P ... assuming your power is 120V, given the switch.

You should be able to just remove that switch box, install the conduit into the timer, and wire it up according to the instructions.

As Jason recommended the intermatic is the best and simplest way to go. However, seeing the one single conduit coming from the bottom of the box this may be a switch leg circuit that probably will not have an available neutral wire in it to allow full time power to the timer. If you could open up that switch box and get a picture of the wiring inside it we could verify if it can be done or not. It is possible that the feed for that box comes in from the back side (best situation) which would allow for the timer to be connected.
Dan

help with wiring pump timer

Merged by moderator. jblizzle

Trying to set up my pump timer, Where do I plug these wires timer is a t101p

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_8778.jpg
    IMG_8778.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8775.jpg
    IMG_8775.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8777.jpg
    IMG_8777.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 36
Re: help with wiring pump timer

Um, no one can possibly help with just the information provided.

You need to know which set of wires is coming from your power supply and which set of wires go to the motor.

Then put the black wire from the supply on terminal 1, the black wire to the motor on terminal 2, and both white (neutrals) to terminal A, and both ground wires to the ground screw ... just like the diagram shows. ;)

Re: help with wiring pump timer

If the diagram doesn't tell you everything you need to know to wire it, perhaps you should have someone else doing it. It's really pretty simple, but if you don't know what you are doing, electrical work isn't very forgiving of mistakes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.