Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inter 18x48 new 3 hole style liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Inter 18x48 new 3 hole style liner

Replaced intex 18x48 liner. The new style has 3 holes. 1 for supply. 2 for suction side. Had old 2 hole hard pipped. Any ideas how to hard pipe the 3 holes? Extra supply inlet? Already use Hayward skimmer and use other hole as extra suction outlet. Extra hole to contend with.
    18' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame, 6,200 gallons + Hayward 16" S166T Sand Filter System, Hayward PowerFlo Matrix Pump, Hayward Aqua-Trol SWG, and Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inter 18x48 new 3 hole style liner

If you've got a skimmer and an extra suction hole, it sounds like a second return is called for.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Cut out the two skinny holes put in 11/2 inch fittings. Now you have extra returns. I vacuum with one and run my water fountain with the other.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

4. Back To Top    #4

Kinda what I was thinking. Skimmer + 1 extra suction outlet and 2 returns. I bought 2 Hayward eyeball inlets. The locations of 3 holes now is a little awkward. Calls for new piping scheme. More valves, joints, unions and pipe now. But should be fine after the modes.