Wiring AQR15 to a 2-speed pump motor w/integrated 2Green timer

I have a Super Pump with AO Smith 3/4HP 2-speed motor w/integrated 2Green timer (see A.O. Smith 3/4 HP Full Rate Two Speed Motor W/ Timer - Round Flange (B973T, B2973T) 115V - INYOPools.com). Planning to get and install AQR15 SWG that has the following requirement: "Wire the Aqua Rite to the LOAD SIDE of the filter pump timer. It is very important that the Aqua Rite is powered only when the pump is running."

I am not sure how to wire AQR15 to my 2-speed motor with an integrated 2Green timer. I'd be grateful for advise.

My VS pump is wired directly to the breaker and runs on its own built in timer also. My SWG is connected to its own timer. I make sure to only set the SWG timer to run when the pump timer is set to run. Also, need to check that the times are synced up periodically.

One option is to install a current sensing relay on the motor supply wire. When current is drawn by the motor, then the relay is thrown and power is supplied to the SWG.

One option is to install a current sensing relay on the motor supply wire. When current is drawn by the motor, then the relay is thrown and power is supplied to the SWG.

Brilliant. Can you elaborate on this? Assume standard electrical supply store carries the current sensing relay? I have two pumps, so would I need two relays - one of the pumps is a DC pump (Lorentz)...?

I also just run my SWG on a separate timer and just set it for a time that I know the pump will be running. There is a flow switch that serves as a backup safety device, in case the SWG got powered up without the pump running, but it should not serve as the primary switching. A seperate timer is the simplest solution for VS and two speed pumps, that have their own timers. I don't want my SWG on every time and all the time my pump is on, but I also don't ever want it on when the pump is not on. So the easy way was just separate timers.

Thank you all for the tips. I think I have a solution using my existing equipment. My power is from GFI breaker through an Intermatic 101-70 timer to a receptacle into which the 2-speed motor w/integrated 2Green timer is plugged. I plan to plug into this receptacle also AQR15. 2Green timer will be programmed for 24/7 (e.g. Hi speed 9am - 1pm for the first part of daily solar heating, Lo speed 1pm - 9am) but the pump and AQR15 will be both powered only when the Intermatic timer will be ON. Thinking of power OFF overnight - timing TBD/refined during operation. (Pool has not been opened because in Ottawa, this spring has been and will be rather cold till mid-May.)

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.