Is this TA level too high

Not really. You have some flexibility with TA as it relates to its effect on your pH which is really more important to us. If your pH remains stable in the mid 7s, then leave TA alone. But if your pH rises quickly, you would want to lower TA in stages to see if it helps keep the pH down better.

Nope.

If that's a brand new test kit, you might want to wipe the tip of the R-009 with a damp paper towel between drops. When new, that reagent can generate static electricity which makes smaller drops which makes things read higher than reality.

Thanks for the explanation, Yes it is a new kit. I read that in the instructions but I didn't understand why they recommended that and I was lazy and didn't wan't to go get a paper towel . I will try it again correctly, when I get home.

My two cents added to the other post that are spot on. Don't get carried away with a TA number. With a vinyl liner you will not be having the same issues with say someone with a fresh plaster pool. Check and adjust your pH and not worry about TA. Once your pH is stable your TA will be in it's happy home. Mine likes to live at 60, my FIL's likes around 80, and the next door neighbor... well he uses a target number given by the chemical salesman "pool store". Now if you start using tabs or solid chlorine.... that's another story.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.