Problem with STA-Rite system 3 D.E Filter

Hello everyone, lately I have been experiencing problems with my pools filtration. There are many small things in the water that my filter just seems to not be catching anymore. I have cleaned the filter multiple times, but I think I am not charging it correctly. Right after being cleaned, without anything on it, the pressure is 18 psi. After being charged the pressure is 18 to maybe 18.5 psi. If I'm not mistaken isn't the filter pressure supposed to rise a little bit after the charge? Anyways the pool is significantly cleaner after cleaning the filter twice, but I suspect I am not charging it correctly, and that this is the cause of the objects in the water. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry we missed this post.

If you opened up the filter and scrubbed the element off and recharged with the right amount of DE, then it's not surprising that you see no pressure rise after charging. Clean DE doesn't restrict the water very much, not enough to show up on the gauge. The manual says 9 lbs of DE on a fresh fill.

What are you seeing in the water? If it's little floaties that are only obvious when the light is on, you'll never get rid of all of them, ever.

If the water looks better before you turn on the filter, then maybe you have a small tear in the element and you're seeing DE blowing out.

If the water is dull or cloudy, you might have the beginnings of an algae bloom.

If what you're seeing looks like dust bunnies on the pool floor that go poof when you approach them with a brush or vacuum, that's clumped up algae.

Have you added any Calcium, or anything else besides bleach and acid recently?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.