Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Valve diffuser, need to be attached?!

1. Back To Top    #1

Valve diffuser, need to be attached?!

I was taking the valve off of my sand filter to do a deep cleaning and the diffuser was not attached to the valve. The diffuser was stuck in the opening at the top of the sand filter so tight it took me 5 minutes with a screwdriver to wiggle it up enough to get a hold of it with a pair of pliers to remove it.

The filter seemed to work fine for the past 2 1/2 years like this, can I just put it back the way I found it and call it good? I know a replacement assembly is only $75 but I'd rather not spend it if it isn't neccessary, especially since I replaced the top part of the valve last year!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Valve diffuser, need to be attached?!

I never heard from anybody either way so I just slipped the diffuser back on (there is a tab to show you where to line it up on the valve assembly) and put it on the filter. The pump has been running for a couple of hours now, nothing out of the ordinary so far.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Valve diffuser, need to be attached?!

Sorry you never received a reply. Often times we wait on a post to let someone who may have experience with that same piece of equipment reply. In your case, after a day, no one chimed in. Hope by putting it back the way it was everything works fine for you. Have a good day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!