Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex- ladder and pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Plattsburgh, NY

Intex- ladder and pump

I'm buying a 15 foot Intex to replace a plywood 17x24 pool. The original pool had a wrap-around deck. I have removed all of the decking except for one end, which I will reuse for the new pool. Question is, how to I add a ladder from the deck into the pool? The old pool had a standard in-ground pool ladder that sat against the wall and was mounted to the deck. I'm assuming this would punch right through the Intex wall since it's not hard. It doesn't seem worth it to spend $150+ on a set of stairs for a $300 pool.

Also, I have a 1.5hp Hayward pump along with a DE filter. Can I reuse this for the Intex or is it too powerful?
    13,000 gallon ABG with Hayward 1 1/2 HP pump, DE filter, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lodi Ca

Re: Intex- ladder and pump

Your pump should be fine, I am using a 1HP Hayward. I let others chime in on the ladder as I am still using the intex ladder
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Intex- ladder and pump

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach