das/dpd chlorine test kit-does the Taylor K1515a deliver?

Mar 30, 2016
Austin, TX
Hi there, this is my first ever post on TFP.com. I'm excited to find a new, cheaper alternative to effective pool maintenance without being gouged by the young crew at the local pool store who seem to take particular joy out of extracting a mortgage payment for chemicals that I then dump into my pool!
In the introduction it is identified that a FAS/DPD CHLORINE TEST KIT IS A FUNDAMENTAL RPRE-REQUISITE TO THE TFP METHODOLOGY and that the FAS/DPD test is not to be confused with the test provided in the Taylor K-2005 kit, I'm looking at the Taylor K1515A kit which purports to provide the FAS/DPD test, I'm sure if I contact the vendor they're going to respond that it does. Can anyone out there provide any confirmation of this please?
Another Taylor product, the K2006 kit also advertises that they provide this test too, again, confirmation from the forum would be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, the 1515 is the FAS/DPD test, and the 2006 contains the FAS/DPD.

Don't forget the TF100 at TFTestkits.net. Leaves out a few things from the 2006 you don't need and increases quantities of things you do need

Note that C mentioned above on the K-2006C, it is the larger contractor sized test kit, the K-2006A is cheaper but contains less reagents so you will have to reorder sooner. The TF-100 cost a little more than the K-2006A, but less than the K-2006C, however gives you more reagents for the tests you will do most often, not the same amount for all like the K-2006.

Ike

p.s. the K-1515 is a good upgrade if you already own a K-2005 and need to turn it into a K-2006

I have the 1515 mentioned by the OP and have had nothing but good luck with it. Once my 1515 and 2005 kits deplete, I will likely go to the TF100 for reasons mentioned above.

While I love my TF-100 and wouldn't dream of steering anyone away from it.....did you know you could get refills for your tests at TFTestkits.net too?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.