Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our pool build in Little Elm TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Our pool build in Little Elm TX

We are over a week behind due to rains...

11.5K Plaster, level spa, Salt with Pentair Equipment.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Our pool build in Little Elm TX

Welcome and congratulations on being halfway there! Can't wait to see how it turns out! What selections have you made for coping, waterline, deck, plaster, etc? Have you decided yet?

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmommy2009 View Post
    Welcome and congratulations on being halfway there! Can't wait to see how it turns out! What selections have you made for coping, waterline, deck, plaster, etc? Have you decided yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deep Harbor Blue plaster, pecan colored decking, flagstone coping and stacked flagstone on the wall, tile at the waterline in the pic below...it's the one on the left.

4. Back To Top    #4

Who makes your plaster? I haven't heard of the Deep Harbor color before.

Very pretty. The one on the right I have in my own stack of possibles. I hadn't seen the one on the left! Very nice!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmommy2009 View Post
    Who makes your plaster? I haven't heard of the Deep Harbor color before.

Very pretty. The one on the right I have in my own stack of possibles. I hadn't seen the one on the left! Very nice!

Honestly.....not sure who the plaster mfr is...

6. Back To Top    #6

Due to the slope of our backyard, our PB suggested a retaining wall. We opted to save some cash and do most of it ourselves. I did pay them to build a 46' concrete footer for the wall, but my warrior wife and I did the wall building.

7. Back To Top    #7

PRETTY tile picks! LOVE the subway ones the best.

NICE job on the wall! Go you two!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Great looking view, pool is going to be fabulous too! Impressed with the wall work. Y'all rock!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

Looks great! We are building in McKinney, putting tile in today. So jealous of your view!! Beautiful.
    17K gallon, 18x40, 107 perimeter, 550 sq ft gunite inground pool with raised spa. 3.5 ft. - 5.0 ft. - 4.0 ft depth. Pentair equipment. DE filter. English Walnut travertine paver decking, lueders limestone coping. Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure plaster.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks! @sham who is your PB?

11. Back To Top    #11

They started tile today.

12. Back To Top    #12

Pretty!!!

13. Back To Top    #13

Great start!

Will you have some kind of drain on the pool side of wall you built to help get rid of the water?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Great start!

Will you have some kind of drain on the pool side of wall you built to help get rid of the water?

Kim
    A couple of things about it. Technically, no there is not traditional drainage. The wall however, is porous in nature. The dirt is t dirt, it's clay. Additionally, the yard will be graded at pool completion and be done in such a way to drain away from the wall. I spoke heavily to my pool builder about drainage and he said there are zero concerns in his opinion. We built the wall to his specs actually. I read online about putting in drains and believed it to be necessary, however, he assures me there is not any concern. We will see in time.

15. Back To Top    #15

Hopefully your PB is right and you don't have to put it in later. I like your tile, the lighter squares give it a cool random pattern.
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by aguyindallas View Post
    Thanks! @sham who is your PB?

our builder is Foley
    17K gallon, 18x40, 107 perimeter, 550 sq ft gunite inground pool with raised spa. 3.5 ft. - 5.0 ft. - 4.0 ft depth. Pentair equipment. DE filter. English Walnut travertine paver decking, lueders limestone coping. Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure plaster.

17. Back To Top    #17

Here is the status as of yesterday:

18. Back To Top    #18

Our pool build in Little Elm TX

A little more progress today.

19. Back To Top    #19

Progress! Looking nice.

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

Love the stone work! Looks so pretty!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast