Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool build - Lumberton, Tx

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build - Lumberton, Tx

Wish I would have known about this site during my research....would have helped so much during the process of a selecting a PB. But I'm so excited to get the build going, starting tomorrow...fingers crossed!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build - Lumberton, Tx

Welcome to TFP! Hind-sight is 20-20 for many of us Juliana. I say the same thing at times. Great to have you with us now though.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to forum. I'm a newbie here too and have learned about pools, our build starts this week weather permitting

4. Back To Top    #4

Weird stuff blowing across our state tonight. Be safe. I vacuumed yesterday, that's why the storms are coming. Just like washing a car.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

It's all Pat's fault!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

THANKS! We love a good pool build! Make sure you have lots of pics to share! You can start with a pic of the area the pool is going in.

You can become a supporting member to get lots of photo storage space AND you get a discount on the test kit as well! win-win!

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Kim (Pat stop vacuuming your pool until her dig and gunite gets done!)
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

...or just like trying to get a pool dug!

8. Back To Top    #8

1461676606870.jpgOk - I'm just learning to navigate around here, so I'll post more pics and info. asap. Digging has begun....eeeeeee!

9. Back To Top    #9

20160425_175310.jpg

Here is sprayed digging "map." It's hard to see and was hard to get in a picture. And I can't get it rotated!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Juliana; 04-26-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: trying to rotate photo

10. Back To Top    #10

LOL on the upside down pic! Are you on an Apple product?

Looking at your diagram I would think about making the walkway from the patio to the pool wider. If you have kids you KNOW they will "race" to the pool and may not stay on the walkway=dirt and grass in pool.

Digging, digging, digging=MUD LOL Let the MUD begin!

Make sure to check on them and let them know you are are around so they can ask questions as they go. You would not believe some nice changes or ideas they come up with while they are working on the pool.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Apple likes to help people post their pics upside down. The easiest way to post pics here is to upload them to Photobucket (free), copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post. This will embed the pic into your thread.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

12. Back To Top    #12

I am doing this on my mobile phone, but it is a Samsung! It has not upside down in my files. Craziness.

Good point on the walkway...in fact we brought that up yesterday to the PB. We're also moving it some.

13. Back To Top    #13

Hey look another Texas build. Congratulations and welcome to TFP. The layout looks good. Who is your PB and what equipment did they spec? Most around here love to sell tab feeders and ozone. I take it the contract is already signed but if they sold you on low chlorine ozone I would not have it plumbed. Ask questions.... That's what this forum is for. Take lots of pictures of the build.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    I am doing this on my mobile phone, but it is a Samsung! It has not upside down in my files. Craziness.
    What the heck?!?
    TFP Moderator