Today's Water Test

hi.
    I use pool master 5 way test kit and got these results

chlorine (could stand to be higher) 2.0
    FC 2.5
    ph 7.8
    ta 50
    acid demand 1
    NOTE: this is a saltwater water pool. can I have the link to pool mate so I can see how much liquid chlorine/bleach I need to add?

the improvement from last year us that with bags and chlorine tabs, our ph was always lower, usually around the 6.8
    7.2 range. so I was forever adding borax to raise it.

this yr pool was opened March 22nd. we have an 18/52 pool and 7000 gallons

vinyl soft sided pool
    intex 1500 gph sand filter and intex swg at 1500 gph.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Today's Water Test

Hi Melody. The link to the Poolmath Calculator is in my signature below. I'm not familiar with your particular test kit, but you will need to know your CYA to accurately match the correct FC on the Chlorine/CYA Chart (also below). Currently your FC appears to be a bit low. Hope that helps.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

ok. I don't see your signature. I'm posting from my phone so that may be why.

I read in here before the Taylor kit is the better one. last I checked it was around the $60 range.

vinyl soft sided pool

4. Back To Top    #4

The TF-100 and Taylor K-2006 are great kits. The TF-100 is stocked with Taylor reagents, so you're getting basically the same thing, but at a slightly better bargain. You can order either one from TFTestkits.net. It's s small cost that will save you 3Xs that much in pool store chemicals. Also, here are the other links since you can't see my sig right now:
    Poolmath calculator
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

ty. I got one today. should be in by Friday I hope.

Intex 18/52 pool at 7000 gsllons.
    vinyl sift sided pool
    vinyl soft sided pool

6. Back To Top    #6

Test Kit

my Taylor k-2006 came today. tomorrow I am going to start testing to see where I'm at. over the past 3 days, while waiting, I've been running a swg boost cycle and adding a half gallon of bleach each day to help prevent segie growth and hopefully prevent further chlorine loss. I will keep you in dated. thanks for your help so far.

Intex 18/52 pool at 7000 gsllons.
    vinyl sift sided pool