Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is your source of CYA?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is your source of CYA?

The last two seasons, I've been using the HTH Conditioner/Stabilizer from Wal-Mart and all has been well. In spite of HTH's website saying my local wal-mart has it, I could neither find it in-store or on their (Wal-Mart's) website.

So, I wondered what product you folks use for your CYA?
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is your source of CYA?

BioGuard Stabilizer-100 in 6lbs bottle. I get it at my local Patio Pools store. Not the cheapest source of CYA but it is literally 3mi down the road from me and I hate the crowds (all the time) at the Walmart which is 6mi away.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Home Depot 4LB for $16
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

4. Back To Top    #4

Locally, you might also try Lowes or Home Depot's pool section. They often times have it.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

I did the evil 3'' tabs from Wal-Mart this year. I just pointed the return towards the surface to counter balance the drop in pH.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Locally, you might also try Lowes or Home Depot's pool section. They often times have it.
    I forgot about Lowe's. Their site says they have it here, so I'll check it out! Thanks for the tips!
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep, I get mine at Lowes.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

I get mine at Lowes also, but it tends to dissolve slowly
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~