Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opinions on new liner color/design

1. Back To Top    #1

Opinions on new liner color/design

Having to replace our liner and I was wanting opinions on which color to go with and design on the pool floor. Currently it is a light baby blue and it shows every piece of trash which is good and bad. Also, what mil do you suggest? We are using the Tara brand
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opinions on new liner color/design

Post pictures of your favorite colors! We're happy to weigh in!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

I like the Cayman and Cheyenn because it isn't dark, dark blue. I am just scared of something that is so dark I can't see any dirt but don't want to see every little speck, either.

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

I vote for ocean wave. Can help on the mil. I used the standard and can't say if it's worth upgrading to thicker. Maybe if you have a large dog that swims otherwise I don't think so just b/c I have not heard a lot of stories where people have tearing issues.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Nectarologist View Post
    I vote for ocean wave. Can help on the mil. I used the standard and can't say if it's worth upgrading to thicker. Maybe if you have a large dog that swims otherwise I don't think so just b/c I have not heard a lot of stories where people have tearing issues.
    Do you have this liner? I just don't want so dark that I can't see debris

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow, I didnt know liners had designs like the pebble or quartz look. Very nice. I don't know anything about them, but think Key West is nice, so is Cap Cod, but I personally like a richer blue than light blue.
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by firehunter View Post
    Wow, I didnt know liners had designs like the pebble or quartz look. Very nice. I don't know anything about them, but think Key West is nice, so is Cap Cod, but I personally like a richer blue than light blue.
    Thanks for the input Do you have a richer blue? If so, is it easy to tell if you have debris on the bottom?

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by lindz18 View Post
    Thanks for the input Do you have a richer blue? If so, is it easy to tell if you have debris on the bottom?
    Sorry can't help there. Just starting our build with digging tomorrow. Others have a richer blue and hope they see this thread and can help with that question.
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

10. Back To Top    #10

I think only liner people can really answer the question about debris. For those of us that have or are getting a pebble aggregate I imagine it would be difficult to see debris just because of all the different color pebbles.

I like that Key West color!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

11. Back To Top    #11

I have Cheyenne (except from another manufacturer), and I think it is great. People sometimes take a second look to see if they are real tiles.
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by sargent View Post
    I have Cheyenne (except from another manufacturer), and I think it is great. People sometimes take a second look to see if they are real tiles.
    Thanks so much! That was one of my choices! I am down between it and Ocean Wave.

13. Back To Top    #13

Between those two I probably like Cheyenne best.

14. Back To Top    #14

[QUOTE=twinkiesmommy2009;1003363]Between those two I probably like Cheyenne best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/Q

Thanks for the input!

15. Back To Top    #15

As for mil size, the consensus of the forum is that it makes little if any difference.

The standard mil size should do fine.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by borjis View Post
    As for mil size, the consensus of the forum is that it makes little if any difference.

The standard mil size should do fine.
    That was my conclusion as well. From what I read the life of the liner was more depending on how you treated it chemical wise.

17. Back To Top    #17

Opinions on new liner color/design

Quote Originally Posted by lindz18 View Post
    Do you have this liner? I just don't want so dark that I can't see debris
    Hi. I don't but I have a similar shade. You'll be able to see debris. I used to maintain a black plaster pool. You could still see stuff at the bottom since most debris isn't black (green, sandy color, brown is more typical). The black looked awesome with its slate patio and stone coping. My dw wouldn't go for it at our house though.
    I plan to open next weekend and can take some pics if you like. I have cocco beach tile with miranar bottom by Merlin. It's good bc you can see the debris to vacuum but it doesn't stand out like light bottoms do.

Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

18. Back To Top    #18

My liner is black and I can still see all the dirt on the bottom so I would not worry about that.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html