Milky Explosion after turning on pool cleaner

Chappie

Apr 25, 2016
Lafayette, LA
I have been a TFP follower for about 3 months with excellent results so far. Today, I tried firing up my pool cleaner, which as best as I can tell is a Polaris of some sort. I have used it 2 or 3 times in the year I have owned the pool, and I can't remember if this happened before, but I think it might have. Anyway, after some huffing and puffing, the pool cleaner cranks up, and all of the sudden a very milky discharge is coming out of the pressure valve right at the quick connect.

IMG_3142.jpg

As you can see, it looks like someone dumped 30 gallons of milk in there. I assume there's some sort of gunk in the pipe, that my infrequent use is allowing to build up in there. We don't get many leaves in the pool, so I just don't feel like I have to use the polaris that often. Is it something to worry about? FWIW, in the 15 minutes since it happened, the cloud is 20% smaller, and I'm pretty certain that the filter will clear it out completely, but I'd still rather know if something is badly wrong that needs attention.

Thanks,
Chappie

It appears to come from the pipe that pumps water into the cleaner itself, though no milkiness seems to be coming out of the cleaner. As near as I can tell it is coming out of the bypass valve at the quick connect. The cloud forms down-wind of that at any rate. What tests would be useful here? I can run them all if you think it will help.

- - - Updated - - -

The milkiness is nearly instantaneous, and it's not a matter of the bag on the pool cleaner, if that's what you meant.

25,000 Gallon IG Plaster
Sand Filter
Pentair Challenger Pump
Unknown install date
TF-100 test kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.