New Home Construction/Pool Tallahassee, FL

My wife and I are about to start construction on a new home, and we are planning to have an IG pool installed once construction is completed or towards the end of construction. Does anyone have knowledge of anything I could have accomplished during any phase of the home construction(electrical or plumbing) that would save me time or money when I comes time to bid out the pool construction?(I hope I worded this question clearly because I backspaced and typed it 5 times)

I've had a pool at a previous house, but I've never went through the planning and construction of a new pool. I've already received some great information by reading several of the threads posted, but if you have any specific advice for my situation it would be greatly appreciated.

No ideas here BUT wanted to say HI to a real neighbor!

Let us know when you start the process and we would love to follow along and help when the time comes.

I do wonder if there is anything that would be able to be done at the same time to save you money and time in the long run....very interesting idea for sure!

Kim:cat:

I'd try and make sure that the area where you plan to have the pool equipment pad has easy access to power, water and drainage. Depending on the layout of the house, and location of the pool, it might make sense to have some of this done by the home builder. For example.. if the power panel is on the other side of the house, I'd have a subpanel installed right at the equipment pad while the house is being built. If you plan on a DE filter, and have a local rule like we do here, you'll need to backwash to a sanitary sewer. It would be very easy to do while the house is being built, maybe not afterward.

I'd also want to make sure any sidewalks, or decking being done as part of the house, match up with what you expect the pool builder to do.

Jim R.

Thanks for your input Jim. I'm actually handling most of the electrical work on my build so I'll try to keep your advice regarding the subpanel in mind.

I probably need to go ahead and get a pool contractor on board with my construction project. Hopefully one who's willing to advise me on ways to save us both time and money when the time comes for the pool install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.