Looking for one of these - cement block to cover skimmer area

Apr 25, 2016
California
My pool is old, and doesn't have a formal skimmer. Instead, it's a cement area where the skimmer would be, with pipe to the filter at the bottom of the hole. I have a plastic skimmer ball which sits on top of the pipe,to stop leaves etc.

On top of this, pool level, a 10" x 15" cement block, 1" thick. Many years ago, I bought this block at a local pool store, but I find now, they are obsolete and no one carries them.

Any ideas where I can get one? And exactly what do I call it? I'm not getting anywhere searching via Google. Hope someone has an idea. thanks.

IMG_0794.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am not sure I would want to pay for shipping a slab of cement :D

I think I would either just make one out of cement and drill a hole in it, or find someone local that could make you one (like a paver company, maybe).

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm not really able to try and make a replacement. On a lark, I checked a local pool shop, one I have never frequented. My lucky day, they had a plastic replacement. Used. I was shocked. I do appreciate this forum for questions and answers. Everyone is most helpful.IMG_0796.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.