Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Store To Purchase From

1. Back To Top    #1

Store To Purchase From

Just looking for a general answer. But where does everyone purchase pool supplies from?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Store To Purchase From

Walmart for my bleach. Can't find it cheaper in my area. I have a ample supply of acid from work. I have a bucket of triclor pucks that I got years ago. I use them when I go on vacation as I have nobody else around to trust to add chlorine to the pool.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I found Pinch a penny & Amazon had the same pricing, for 3 in tabs but wondering are they as good as each other?
    There are so many options on chemicals. I would like to know also. But Where & what brands are best for the value? I bought a Taylor 2006c test kit on amazon. good deal. Pays to shop around. But if any can share the with out being sales motivated, Its kind of like someone telling you where to buy a car, and what one is the best to buy. I don't think Honda sells pool supplies? or do they? LOL If anyone could share the list they stock up on it would sure help as well as where to get them at a good price, Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    I found Pinch a penny & Amazon had the same pricing, for 3 in tabs but wondering are they as good as each other?
    There are so many options on chemicals. I would like to know also. But Where & what brands are best for the value? I bought a Taylor 2006c test kit on amazon. good deal. Pays to shop around. But if any can share the with out being sales motivated, Its kind of like someone telling you where to buy a car, and what one is the best to buy. I don't think Honda sells pool supplies? or do they? LOL If anyone could share the list they stock up on it would sure help as well as where to get they at a good price, Thanks
    We generally do not stock up on anything. Most members use a SWG or bleach and you can not really stock up on bleach because it will degrade.

Also remember, that exclusive use of 3" tablets is typically not recommended due to the CYA build-up ... unless you get a LOT of rain which you might in FL.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Bleach (wally world or home depot)
    Acid and salt (home depot)
    I have baking soda, but have yet to need it.
    SWG so I just buy what i need as I need it.

Intex - Round, Above Ground, Vinyl - 22'X52" / 10475 gal. Full sun 95% of day. Sand Filter w/ SWG.

6. Back To Top    #6

For the vast majority of it Wal-Mart or Lowes
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

My Kroger carries 10% chlorine for $10/4 jugs so it's cheaper than everything else close to me.

I did buy a tub of 3'' pucks this year as I needed to raise the CYA a little. I got those at Wal-Mart.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Walmart
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions

9. Back To Top    #9

I stock my bleach in a cool (AC) dark basement. I get 12 percent at Ollies For $2.99 a gallon. They get a shipment one time for summer n when its gone, its gone! I'll go in n buy $100 worth. Other than that, it's Wal-Mart.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter