Advice on new salt water generator

Jul 21, 2015
Montreal, QC
Hi There

Does anyone have any opinions or thoughts about Astral brand salt water generators? I have a Hayward Aqua Nature salt water system that was constantly reading "low salt" when water tests proved the opposite - was actually quite high and pool water tasted like the ocean. I finally submitted to using 3" pucks to get me through the tail-end of 2015 pool season here in Montreal, QC. I consulted a pool pro and he suggested the Astral e25. I didn't see a heck of a lot online about this line of products other than It appears to be Australian. Pool pro said the T Cell has full replacement warranty of 3 years and the control panel 2. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the welcome and the reply, cowboycasey! :)

We haven't got a lot of choice here. Club Piscine & Trevi are our major Quebec retailers and they only carry Hayward products. Independent pool pros here sell out of region products (like Astral) but warranty issues have to be dealt with by them. 1st year is free but years 2-3 carry a $50 - $75 per visit fee for a warranty-related issue. I lost confidence in Hayward so at this point, I think rather than roll the dice again on another SWG - I'm going to give the BBB method a go this summer. I just bought a Taylor k-2006 test kit and will have to start stocking up on bleach!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.