Inline Chlorinator plumbing in U shape

IrwinK

Apr 25, 2016
Orlando, FL
My pool is under construction (you can read my Introduction post).

The PB installed the inline Chlorinator with a U shaped loop with a 90 degree bend that goes into the ground after the chlorinator and then loops back above the ground to the valves that lead to returns, bubblers and deck jets. The PB says he does this on all pools now to keep the chlorine from the dissolving tablets from entering the pool when the pump is off. The pool is about 50' away from the equipment pad.

I wanted good plumbing and this U loop seems restrictive. I probable won't even be using the inline chlorinator after a year and will go to liguid chlorine (BBB) or SWG.

The inline chlorinator was to be a Pentair Rainbow brand but he substituted an Aquastar Super Pro and he says it is a Rainbow. They do look the same.

Appreciate any comments & suggestions. Thanks.

First, I would stay away from inline chlorinators. Tabs add CYA and if you don't keep an eye on the CYA levels, you will end up with very high CYA levels and your chlorine will need to be very high to manage the pool properly.

But if you decide to go forward with an inline, a U loop will not prevent migration of chlorine, you need a check valve for that.

Thanks for the reply.

I've got the pic of the equipment plumbing on my post over at the Construction Forum. Is there anyway to use the same upload for different Forums as I don't want to use up space for pictures?

New Pool - Orlando Florida

The inline is already installed by the PB who says he needs it for the startup. If I want a SWG later he will take it out and charge me many $$$ to install.

Never mention to me about the restrictive loop and he also switched my deck jets to the circulation pump without asking. I wanted all features on the other pump and have a plumbing diagram in my contract but it says some field changes will be made.

I read the TFP pool school and am aware of the CYA buildup problem but the inline chlorinator should be Ok for the 1st 6 - 12 months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.