Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old cartridge filter finally broken

1. Back To Top    #1

Old cartridge filter finally broken

Hi all. I am getting ready to open my pool and my filter finally bit the dust. I have a Hayward Swim Pro cartridge filter, Model No. C1250. These aren't cheap to replace, I have to buy the lid and the casing separate. I was wondering if there was a different kind, or newer model that may work better? Thanks for any advice.
    AGP: 24' x 52" cartridge filter: 13,500 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Old cartridge filter finally broken

you are right in saying they are expensive, but they are worth it..

at 120 sq ft that is really a small filter (I have a 100 sq ft in my 700 gallon spa) For my pool I went with the 320 sqft pentair, it is very nice and I love it but it is not cheap, it may be just a little more than buying new parts for yours..

hayward also have some new filters... here are a couple that you could look at the pentair gets much better reviews but its about 40 bucks more

Amazon.com : Pentair 160340 Clean Garden

Amazon.com : Hayward C3030 325 Square Foot SwimClear Cartridge Filter : Swimming Pool Cartridge Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

hope this helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Old cartridge filter finally broken

Thank you!
    AGP: 24' x 52" cartridge filter: 13,500 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit.