Watt consumption for a Whisperflo 2 HP (WFE-8)

Jaimslaw

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
San Diego, CA
I've seen posts that place approx watts used for this pump as low as 1500 watts to as high as 2200 watts.

Anyone ever put an amp meter or similar means to get an accurate take on watts used for this once popular pump? (vs a general rule of thumb for a generic 2.0 HP pump)?

You only need to look at the Energy Star measurement data. Depending on the head loss in your plumbing, it is between 2100-2400 watts.

You only need to look at the Energy Star measurement data. Depending on the head loss in your plumbing, it is between 2100-2400 watts.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it must be in the 2000 Watt range (with head loss allowing only a range of wattage). Not sure if this model's touting its energy efficient design would bring it down below that 2000 W figure.

Regrettably, this model pump does not have Energy Star information available - I do believe that started with the 2 speed and VS pumps. The only energy use data for this pump is: Pentair WFE-8, 011515 WhisperFlo 2 HP Full Rated EE Pump

Switching out to a VS so wanted to see just how much of an energy hog I'm replacing.

Cheers.

The WFE versions are about 10% more efficient than the WF versions so knock off about 200 watts from the above numbers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.