Flex PVC on New Construction Raised Spa

hi guys,
I have a quick question, have been looking at a lot of new construction pools on this forum and noticed that a lot of the spas have "flex pvc" pipe going around in a circle in the spa before the gunite. I did my research and also people have recommended strictly rigid pvc. I have a circular spa that is raised and I was thinking on using this to avoid using too many fittings to make the circle. Any advise?

Rigid PVC is more durable than flexible PVC, that's why it's recommended. Depending on your region/state (please add your location to your profile!), termites and a few other ground pests could potentially chew away at flexible PVC but wouldn't be at all interested or able to damage rigid PVC. Many contractors are capable and masterful at bending rigid PVC using a torch while installing, so having the same number of fittings as flex PVC but the advantage of rigid PVC. It will likely cost more though, but worth it for the long haul. Flexible PVC is OK, but rigid would be better... again how much better depends on your location.

Similar to what JVTrain said, we just watched our plumber "torch" the rigid pvc for our pool. Once the PVC is heated up, it looks like a wet noodle and can bend a surprising amount. Maybe not as tight of turns as using 90 or 45 degree elbows, but definitely enough for a circle to go around a spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.