Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First test with the T 100

1. Back To Top    #1

First test with the T 100

Got my first test results with the T 100. Brought cold sample inside and brought up to room temperature.

Water temp. 70 degrees.
    CYA 40
    FC 2ppm
    CC .5
    CH 225
    TA 130
    PH 7.8

Will shock tomorrow using these readings and cya chart
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: First test with the T 100

What does the water look like? If it's clear, you might not need to SLaM it.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree. Bring your FC up to target for now. I wouldn't wait until tomorrow if you can add some chlorine tonight.

4. Back To Top    #4

Numbers look good. With TA at 130 your PH might tend to rise. When it rises to 7.9-8.0 lower it to 7.6. You can let your TA drop if it lowers when you add acid to lower PH. Anything as low as 60 is fine, wherever it ends up through PH adjustments.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Water is very clear after vacuuming. I was just reading about shocking and realized my levels are not above .5. Also water temperature is low. 50-55 degrees. Will get fc up to 5 and maintain.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

6. Back To Top    #6

Good plan! Wait for the pool to warm up and
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated