Dirt filled pool help!

So, we bought a new to us house last year. There was an Inground pool that was filled with dirt by the previous owner who was elderly and couldn't keep it up. We have dug some dirt away from areas in the pool and tested some of the plumbing, etc. we are trying to access the cost of equipment at this point and need some help. The pump/filter was sold and removed during an estate sale. We were told by the previous owners son that he "believes" the pool is fiberglass walls with concrete bottom. 16' by 30' and 8 feet in the deep end. Can anyone tell me what equipment as far as pump/filter, ect. We will need. We want to do salt water. No pool people in our area want to deal with it! Everyone has told us that we will have to demolish existing pool and start over which really isn't in the budget! We are going to try to DIY!

We are in south Mississippi.

I would be concerned that the bottom of the pool has holes punched in it. That's usually how you might handle that, so the part that's filled with dirt doesn't become a mucky swamp.

Otherwise, curious how this turns out for you. I don't have the experience to advise, as I'm a first time owner without a working (yet) pool.

HI! I sure hope you can get it all fixed up! For right now we have to worry about the she ^^^ said. Best to find out if there are any holes to fill in and how much it will cost first.

Saying that, there was one pool that was done like that BUT it was a plaster pool. They dug out all of the dirt and patched the holes then replastered over the whole thing. It was a LOT of work but well worth it!

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.