So...I just put in what Leslie's told me to (before I came here and bought my own test kit!!!).

My CH was 150. VINYL Pool....and they sold me a big tub of Calcium.
Live and learn.

What are the hazards of a CH of 500 in an SWG Vinyl Pool?
Water looks great. Didn't know if it was worth a partial drain and fill or if I should just let it deplete naturally.
TA 110 PH 7.5 FC 7 CYA 55 and rising (working on the FC and CYA already).

I suspect at this point your biggest concern would be more with the SWG than anything. I would ensure you keep the TA and pH on the slightly lower end for now to help compensate for the elevated CH. You can evaluate the effects of TA, pH, and CH on the CSI row of the Poolmath Calculator. While CSI is primarily a concern for plaster pools, it might be helpful in your case with the SWG.

Here's a good conversation about that very issue: SWG vs. BBB for High CH Water

Hope that helps.

According to Pool Math, my CSI is only 0.01
Does that mean I shouldn't worry about the CH for now?

We're supposed to get rain a few days in a row coming up and I am adding CYA and can't drain the pool for a week any way.
But didn't know if I need to do a round of MA to get the TA down.

Dang pool store! :hammer: Yes, that is fine for now. Anything between -0.3 to +0.3 is good. It is best to keep CSI slightly negative, -0.1 to -0.2. This will keep you SWG a lot cleaner also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.