Auto Pilot review?

TWM

Apr 22, 2016
FL
My Jandy Aquapure 1400 is needing 6-700 in repairs so replacing. Reviewing all the systems and reading here is helpful. I don't see any recent threads about the AutoPilots though. Hows the Nano? Budget conscious here, like that they allow self install too where Haward doesn't.

My Jandy Aquapure 1400 is needing 6-700 in repairs so replacing. Reviewing all the systems and reading here is helpful. I don't see any recent threads about the AutoPilots though. Hows the Nano? Budget conscious here, like that they allow self install too where Haward doesn't.

Here is a review here: Pool Pilot Digital Nano - Year 4 - Top Marks

The Nano and Nano Plus units are very competitively priced especially for US made units.

Do you have any questions regarding the units?

I have an autopilot plus that I actually ordered from JoshU.

I installed it about a year ago and it was a breeze. Also Josh was very helpful and super responsive to pics and email questions before and during the install...really I just wanted a second set of eyes to sanity check because it was very easy.

Been running strong for a year now perfectly. I think it's a great unit. I just bought another property that has a pool that I'm revamping and it has a hayward aquarite that I'm in the middle of seeing if it works and I thin between the two I prefer the nano+ to my taste.

I've been closely monitoring and investigating repair and cell replacment costs in the past few days as I try to get the hayward generating chlorine (right now it's not) and if I keep having problems or the price of parts creep up, I might just call Josh up and get another nano plus and swap it out.

At your budget numbers there is just under the nano prices and it's easy. it's funny cause I searched about the nano the other day in here because I hadn't even thought much about it since i installed it and now am trying to fix up the hayward I inherited and I noticed the same thing about hte autopilot not seeming to be talked about or recommended much recently.

well, I'll give it a thumbs up for sure and JoshU is the guy to call especially if you plan on self installing.

I have a brother in law that's thinking about finally making the switch to swg and I told him what are you waiting for its so much cheaper than you think and told him what I paid Josh and he was shocked...

not affiliated with autopilot or Josh, just a happy customer of both :)

Sounds like this has many of the things I like about my jandy as far as readouts. I like too it seems to have a wider range of acceptable salt levels. Is the cell easily cleaned with acid? How much work will be involved to plumb it if you are familiar with the Aquapure 1400 plumbing. What is the general cell life on these? I did get 6 years out of the Jandy. my system now is wired through the timer box, not a problem?

I'm sure the cell is the same to actually clean as any other cell (omg i'm so bad to admit i haven't cleaned my cell in the hear i owned it. I definitely will soon, thanks for shaming me :)

I'm not familiar with the aquapure, but i just googled a picture of it and it looks like it would be roughly the same setup, the lenghth of the cell area might be different and you'd have to check. I mean you'd have to be comfortable cutting PVC pipe with a hacksaw or pipe cutter tool, cleaned the edges up with sandpaper and using PVC cement which are all standar home depot stuff and you'ed either be too short with the new cell part and have to add a little pipe, or if the nano is longer you'd just have to cut out the old one and PVC sement on the including fittings. I replaced a tab feeder that I cut out and put the autopilot cell in place of in the plumbing.

mine is wired into the timer box to click on when the pump is running, so there's no problem there.

call josh or send him an email with a pic of your setup and i'm sure he'll be glad to help.

UPDATE! All installed and up and running. Loving the new AutoPilot Nano+ It was really easy to install. Hardest part is the plumbing. It came with everything needed except a couple fittings and pipe I needed because I had to cut the Jandy out. I also wired from the timer box. I did talk to Josh a couple times, he was great and even texted me the following day to make sure everything was still OK.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.