Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace non working fiberoptic light

1. Back To Top    #1

Replace non working fiberoptic light

We are going into our 4th season with our pool. Last year our fiber optic light stopped working. I really liked the light before, as it would light up the whole pool and had many different colors. I am having trouble finding people around me that will work on it, and I know nothing about them. It does have s black box behind the diving board wear it turns on and off. That won't even power up.

I'm not really sure where to start. Do I try to fix the current light, or replace with a new led light. I assume that my power goes to that box, then conduit runs wire to the niche? Any guidance you can provide would be very helpful! Thanks

Steve
    Steve

20x40 35k gal, IG vinyl, Hayward sand filter, New Pentair Superflo vs pump, 220 btu heater, aquaclean EZ robot

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Replace non working fiberoptic light

The black box should have a light bulb inside it. This provides the light source for the fiber that runs to the light. It may be the lamp is burned out.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I just pulled the lamp, and the coils inside look to be intact. It will not power on at all. Blown fuse???? Maybe need to check to make sure the wire is hot coming into the light. Other suggestions?

Who would I call to service this? Not sure my normal pool store will even touch this. Thanks!

Steve

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Steve

20x40 35k gal, IG vinyl, Hayward sand filter, New Pentair Superflo vs pump, 220 btu heater, aquaclean EZ robot

4. Back To Top    #4

Check the inline fuse on the red wire. I had that problem a while back.
    16,500 gallon IG Pool & Spa: Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Triton II TR-100 sand filter, Teledyne Laars Lite2 propane heater
    Laminar Jets (2): Hayward Maxflow SP1600 1/2HP, Hayward Star Clear C500 cartridge filter
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, Hayward AquaRite AQR15, Dolphin Supreme M5, Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766

5. Back To Top    #5

This is a year old thread that I let go last year. I checked the previous suggestions and those seem to be fine.

If I want to just replace this with a new light set up, can that be done? I am a pretty handy guy, can I handle it DIY? What kinds of price would I be looking to install a new light?
    Steve

6. Back To Top    #6

You might be able to replace this with a nichless light. Fiberstars does have led replacements if I recall.

I would call Inyo pools and ask if they sell a led replacement because I believe they do.

You might need someone skilled to do it because you need to understand pool electrical.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall