How or where do you house your pool pump and filter?

nelson411

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2011
Northern California
Hi everyone!
It's almost swimming season!
I hope this is the right place to post this question:
What do you house your pool pump and filter in?
We did a complete remodel of our pool that was built in 1967. When we replaced the old pump and "silver bullet" filter, we tore down the old pump shed. We are looking for ideas of how to house the newer equipment. It's in the same 4' x 6' concrete pad. We are thinking of putting a resin storage shed over the equipment.
Any thoughts or ideas welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Liz & Dave

OH so many ideas........some things I want you to think about.....room and lots of it..........make sure you have room to move all around the equipment, room to take the filter apart, room to replace parts as needed.

You could put up pretty lattice and have a good smelling vine grow on it. Put up "walls" and have someone paint a mural on them. Make friends with Pentrist and see what you find that strikes your fancy.

Kim :cat:

So we built an addition on to our house, right where the filter/pump was. As long as we were moving it my wife said she wanted to hide it so it wasn't in the open for all to see.

So I built a cabana at the end of the pool, with a room for the mechanicals, a small bath, and a covered area to put a picnic table.

right side mechanicals, left side bath

Here is the pump room

Even has room to park my M500 out of the weather! ;-)

Our's is on a poured concrete pad hidden behind an outbuilding. I like the indoor idea better though!

qwESHih.jpg

NSDIYRp.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not understanding the backwash line, I've seen so many like this that roll up. I just ran a plumbing line underground out into the yard with a pop up on the end.. never have to even think about it...

Sure, its 20 wide as you are looking at it, and 14 feet deep. The two little rooms are 7 foot deep leaving about 13 feet (x14) for the picnic table.

So the concrete is14x20 with a "tail" on the left where the BBQ goes, with the option of pulling the BBQ under roof if it rains

I love the little cabana. Plus a bathroom. Huge party plus!
That could be screened in and made into a gazebo of sorts.

My stuff is on the same slab that the old stuff was on when the pool was built. It's just newer stuff now.

DSC04078_zpssflo56sp.jpg

DSC04083_zpsc6kefpbp.jpg

I did have to build a little doghouse to cover the pump a few years ago, (Pentair Intelliflo) due to the controller filling with rainwater a few times, and freaking out till I dried everything out each time.
That took a couple of rainstorms before I figured that one out...

I love the little cabana. Plus a bathroom. Huge party plus!
That could be screened in and made into a gazebo of sorts.

My stuff is on the same slab that the old stuff was on when the pool was built. It's just newer stuff now.

DSC04078_zpssflo56sp.jpg

DSC04083_zpsc6kefpbp.jpg

I did have to build a little doghouse to cover the pump a few years ago, (Pentair Intelliflo) due to the controller filling with rainwater a few times, and freaking out till I dried everything out each time.
That took a couple of rainstorms before I figured that one out...

And if bugs get to be a problem we will screen it in, that is why that extra post is there in the front.. to create a doorway if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.