Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting Ready - Wrentham Ma

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face Getting Ready - Wrentham Ma

New to the forum, but been stalking for a bit now! We are getting ready to start our pool project next week!

We have decided on a vinyl liner pool 20x43 with a Roman End for the stairs. We had much debate over gunite, fiberglass or liner pools and for us the liner pool won out. I grew up with a liner pool and I just prefer it over the feel of concrete.

We were told that our permit went through easily and is all set and where our yard is ready (no wet land issues, no trees to come down) we have been bumped up and they should be starting the dig next week!
    Of course we are doing the happy dance!

We are going with the salt filtration system, along with a heater and lights in the pool. We are adding a swim out bench on the deep end for a place to sit.

The he pool deck has been causing us some anxiety as we aren't sure whether or not to pour it this year or wait and do it next year, once everything has settled...... I guess we will cross that bridge soon enough and will need to make a decision.

I will will post some pics of the before, during and after.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Getting Ready - Wrentham Ma

Hello and welcome to TFP! Sounds like you have your work cut-out for you. Keep us posted and let us know if we can assist in any way. Have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking forward to seeing where the pool will be going. We LOVE a good build thread with pics.

If you want help making sure your equipment is correct for your set up share it with us. That is the kind of thing we love to do!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Congrats! Our dig starts next week too here in Needham.
    14x28 Kidney IG vinyl pool, 9250 gallons. Pentair 1.5hp superflo variable speed, Pentair Clean and Clear 240 Cartridge filter, Pentair IC40 SWCG, Hayward Heatpro 110,000k heat pump, Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Polaris 280, Taylor K-2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

And the fun begins ......
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

7. Back To Top    #7

It won't let me post more pictures

8. Back To Top    #8

Ahhh, probably the dreaded "exceeded your limit" notice. As a new member that happens quickly. You can increase storage space by becoming a TFP supporter or by using Photobucket. Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.