moving along -- balancing my pool

sri

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 6, 2015
Dallas, TX
After the initial testing and fixing, here is test result. I am planning to bring the TA and CYA up. Also adding salt to bring it up to 3400. Do I need to add calcium as well? Accordingly to Pool Math Calculator, I need to add some calcium chloride. Wondering if my current level is OK.

pH = 7.5
Free Cl = 3.5
Combined Cl =.5

Calcium H = 325
TA = 50
CYA = 40
Salt =3000
Temp = 74

Test your tap water. I'll betcha it's going to be high in TA and have some CH in it. In which case, just through normal evaporation and refills, TA & CH will come up by themselves quick enough.

If the water is greenish or you see patches of algae, you'll want to SLAM. And if so, leave the CYA alone until that's over. If the water looks good, then by all means raise the CYA and add the necessary salt and get things going.

Really, the only I see is what you already mentioned - increasing CYA to about 70 and making sure the FC doesn't drop below 3. Maybe increase FC to 4-5. CH should be fine as I would expect your fill water to be hard and increase CH as you add water.

Richard's quick on the trigger today. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.