should I open

I just popped the corners of the pool cover and for the first time in forever my pool is clean and clear. I used TFPC method last year. Woohoo! But....my water temp is only 49 and I wonder if I'll get any kind of accurate readings on the chemicals with temps that low, maybe I should wait and open in a few weeks. Is there a way to get accurate chemical readings in water that cold?

If concerned about the temp of water when testing... Scoop it into a bottle and let it sit to room temperature then test :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's no more danger of freezing, open up now while the water is too cold to grow algae.

The only test that is affected badly by cold water is the CYA test. Just set a sample jar in a sunny windowsill to warm up and test that one later. The rest you can do immediately. Be sure to let the water circulate a while before you grab a sample.

If there's no more danger of freezing, open up now while the water is too cold to grow algae.

The only test that is affected badly by cold water is the CYA test. Just set a sample jar in a sunny windowsill to warm up and test that one later. The rest you can do immediately. Be sure to let the water circulate a while before you grab a sample.
:goodpost:

As Richard points out, without circulation you are not going ot get usable test readings. It is very possible that you have a layer of rain water sitting on top of the pool water from closing that is not mixed.

If it's clear now and there is no posibility of freeze, open her up. With cold water your chlorine demand will be minimal and you can probably get away with short pump run times until the water stars warming up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.