Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Nautilus Plus Questions first time using

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Nautilus Plus Questions first time using

1. Will the robot automatically stop when it gets full of leaves?
    2. Do I keep the filters in if all I want to do is pick up all the leaves off the bottom?
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Nautilus Plus Questions first time using

Quote Originally Posted by precator View Post
    1. Will the robot automatically stop when it gets full of leaves?
    2. Do I keep the filters in if all I want to do is pick up all the leaves off the bottom?
    They generally operate on timed cycles. Why wouldn't you keep the filters in? There's stuff in there that isn't as visible, but you'd still want it out of your pool.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dolphin Nautilus Plus Questions first time using

Without the filters, I think leaves would soon jam the impeller that shoots water out of the top of the cleaner. The robot will illuminate an orange color indicator on the power supply when the filters are dirty, but wil not stop the robot. The robot will just not have very much suction with dirty filters. I clean my filters after every use and store the robot in my garage.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.