Above ground 12,500 gallon pool.
Hayward Power-flo LX Pump, had maybe 10 years.
This season, when I turn on, a few sparks fall out from where the ground wire is attached (I think), the motor and pump turn on anyway and work fine. I did this a couple of times. This morning, I video taped it because I was going to ask a local small motor repair shop about it. Only this morning I turned it on, it sparked, then the motor stopped and it will not turn on. I think I probably blew it.
Here' the quick youtube video:
Hayward Pool Pump Sparks - YouTube
Anyone have any suggestions? Probably just buy the pump unit again, I think it's around $250