Mollyj

Nov 14, 2014
Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, I'm just about to take down my little 10,000 litre Intex above ground pool. Next summer, I'm getting a 6mt x 2.5mtr inground pool which is going to be sunk in about half way. We're trying to decide whether to leave it in the same place as now which would mean cheaper fencing. It is in the sun most of the day in summer but in the spring and autumn, it won't get much sun as there are trees that will shade it. The shade is fine in the summer - we can get up to 40deg C days, so the shade is very welcome.

I want to extend my swimming season for a few months either side of our summer, which means, I'll be able to start swimming in September and close up in May. My question is, if we install a solar heating system, how far away can it be to be effective? If I leave the pool where it is, then the distance to our sheds and garage roof would be about 15 to 20 metres (depending on the route through the garden. Is this too far way from the pool to be effective? I'm thinking of the heat loss although I would probably bury the pipes in the ground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.