Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool light fixture replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

pool light fixture replacement

my light fixture is old and deteriorating, and I would like to replace it. I got the fixture on to the pool deck without any problem, however I can't seem to get any further. I lifted up my diving board and did not find a junction box. the only other place is an on/off switch near the pool pump, ~50 ft away. I disconnected the wires from the switch, then got in the pool and tried to pull on the conduit. however, it wouldn't budge. am I missing something? how can I get this cord out? pool was built in 1984. thanks.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool light fixture replacement

It wouldn't be unusual for the fixture to have enough wire to reach the switch. Is the wire the same at the switch as it is at the light?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: pool light fixture replacement

not sure, I can't unscrew it from the light fixture and I haven't cut it yet. I'm trying to avoid cutting it because it does still work and the way things are going so far...
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.