Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good news after 12-20 inch rains re pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Good news after 12-20 inch rains re pool

Hello to all,

After a good over-flow of mulch and garden soil run-off into the pool, she's as clear as can be and has been since Wed after the Monday Houston rains. We ended up w a total of 16", and 5-6" from 415AM - 6AM that morning.

My CYA was 40-45, so I brought the FC to 20 and the pH to 7.2-7.3 What's been great that is w all the rains and aeration, including the spa spillover and scuppers, my pH has only risen to 7.4 [above 7.2 but below 7.5]. I think my TA and pH are now in equilibrium, HOW COOL. I have not had to add any acid since I did so on Monday. I have also not added any CL either. I am still above FC = 5+. I'll do so more testing tomorrow, but the water looks great and w all the rains, I have nicely lowered my CH too. I have 6 gallons of 8.25% CL in the garage so I'm set for the next month+. I'll make sure it stays cool.

Thanks again for everyone's help and support...check for donation/support on the way....regards, tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good news after 12-20 inch rains re pool

Nice! Plenty of sunshine today as well to warm-up our water.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

You're a fine testimony to how easy it is to deal with a problem when you're armed with a test kit and some knowledge. I imagine the Houston pool stores are doing a bang-up business right now in floc and clarifier and "shock."
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice work! Thanks for supporting TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you guys. The more I read posts, do my own testing and then research it, then the info and dynamics of it start to stick...pat, our water temp is still in the low 70's, but we went in yesterday and those of us that were not fully awake, were fully awakened...but, pretty refreshing.
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill