Screwed up a return!

Emarshbuck

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2013
Hilton Head, SC
OK, trying to add a "water feature" to our pool, I snapped off one of the return outlets. I had taken off the threaded nozzle cover, and putting it back on it broke apart.

Pool was built in 1991, and the heat here in South Carolina I'm sure takes a tool on this PVC (if it's PVC). Name on front of the threaded part says "Pac-Fab, Inc." It looks to be about 1 1/2" diameter. There is a remaining portion of it still glued into the return piping, maybe 1/2".

Questions:

Can I find a replacement part for this? I googled Pac-Fab and found only replacement parts for filters, etc.

Do I need to drain the pool below the return to remove the remainder of the outlet part? Can I repair it "under water?"

Once I get the remainder out, is there a newer return type that I can install? Maybe one that threads male into female, versus female onto male?

I've added a picture of the return in case that helps...

thanks!

ed marshall

Attachments

• Broken return nozzle.JPG
    Broken return nozzle.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 108
I've searched all these forums, and the return repairs I've found deal with threaded nozzles. My nozzle was glued in back in 1991. The only thing I can think to do is drain the water to just below the pipe and use my dremel to slowly file away the pieces remaining that are glued in. Yes/no?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.