Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pump SF80110 won't turn on

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pump SF80110 won't turn on

Just got the pool open for the season hooked up the pump and it won't turn on. Checked the breaker it didn't flip but turn it on and off anyways just to check. Plugged something else into the outlet that is used to verify no issues there. You can hear the timer clicking on the pump but it won't run. This will be the pumps second season as well.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex pump SF80110 won't turn on

Sounds like you could have a problem with the pump motor capacitor. Unfortunately, since the Intex pumps are low quality and inexpensive, I doubt you can just find a replacement capacitor or it would even be easily replaceable. What size pool do you have? If you could add the details of your pool to your signature, click this link to do so, that would help with a recommendation. If you're going to keep the pool for a while, I would suggest upgrading to a better pump and filtration system than the Intex. Hayward has some fairly affordable pump/filter combos for AG pools that will last a lot longer and filter better with proper care. Otherwise, you'd likely have to buy a replacement pump from Intex.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for your reply. We actually figured out it was the electrical plug on the pump. It was full of water and was rusted and just nasty. My husband replaced it with a new plug and its working better than it did with the original plug on it!

4. Back To Top    #4

That's great. Glad it was an easy fix!

Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

I was able to fix my Intex sand pump after doing a Google search and finding this thread. I took the plug off the pump that came with the pool and put it on the sand filter pump and POOF it worked! Thanks so much for following up with what your husband did to fix yours!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks to a google search, I found your post about your intex filter not working. I believe we are having the same problem with ours. Where did you get a replacement electrical plug??

Quote Originally Posted by jaime_6798 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. We actually figured out it was the electrical plug on the pump. It was full of water and was rusted and just nasty. My husband replaced it with a new plug and its working better than it did with the original plug on it!

7. Back To Top    #7

I am actually having the same issue. Hoping its such an easy fix as everyone says it is. Where would I be able to find a replacement plug for our filter? Thanks in advance for any help!

8. Back To Top    #8

home depot, lowe's.
    Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 2100 GPH pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer