Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Nautilus Plus....styrofoam pieces wrapped around wheels?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Nautilus Plus....styrofoam pieces wrapped around wheels?

Can someone tell me if these white styrofoam looking pieces (circled in red) wrapped around the wheels are suppose to be removed or left on before using? Thanks!
    15k Gallon In Ground Saltwater Gunite Pool and Spa w/ Overflow
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus Pool Cleaner
    Main Filter Pump - 1.5HP Pentair Whisperflo connected to Triton II Sand Filter
    Spa Pump - 2HP Pentair Whisperflo w/ 2HP Polaris Spa Air Blower
    Resilience PSC3 SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Nautilus Plus....styrofoam pieces wrapped around wheels?

I believe those are part of the "combined" brush and should be left as they are. I have them on mine, and most pictures of the Dolphins show them also. The only thing I had to remove was some clear plastic that covered the brushes.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dolphin Nautilus Plus....styrofoam pieces wrapped around wheels?

I almost cut them off before discovering they are supposed to be there. They come hard as rock, but soften right up once in the pool. I believe they are supposed to help when climbing the walls.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.