First time balancing!

According to the Poolmath Calculator, 107 ounces will increase FC in a 29K gallons pool by about 3.5 ppm. To get to 13 it would take about 4.5 gallons. I don't think the calculator would be that far off. Might be good to check everything again tomorrow and compare. Don't forget to double-check the bleach percentage (weight) that you have to update manually each time.

��
think i was doing it wrong!!! I am using 25 ml sample. I thought each drop was equivalent to 1ppm. According to taylor kit for 25 ml sample each drop is .2 ppm? So 13 drops is really a fc of 2.6?
Yep.

Use the 10 ml sample. Then you can use only one scoop of powder and far fewer drops. It's close enough for us and it saves money.

You might want to take a look at Extended Test Kit Directions and see if there are any other shortcuts you want to try.

Yeah, you were using the precise method normally noted in the K-2006 kit. Use the 10 ml sample. :)
10ml sample, multiply drop count by .5 (standard method) - saves on reagent a bit more.
25ml sample, multiply drop count by .2 (used for extreme precision)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.