Major problems

Pool guy came. As I suspected the pool walls have caved in. He said due to groundwater. Ugh. I am so sick. We needed a new liner anyways. The previous owner fried it with chemicals. He said no more than 2500. That includes the liner. I was kinda relieved because I had gotten a quote on just a liner for that price.

Is the caving in the direction from your neighbors explosion? If so maybe he should pay a part of your repair. Not all because you were going to change the liner anyway. I don't think that the pool stands for 15 years and then cave in. Maybe your neighbors blast pushed or changed the path for the groundwater?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Is the caving in the direction from your neighbors explosion? If so maybe he should pay a part of your repair. Not all because you were going to change the liner anyway. I don't think that the pool stands for 15 years and then cave in. Maybe your neighbors blast pushed or changed the path for the groundwater?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is. It is all in the deep end closest to the explosion. Nothing that I can see in the shallow end. Unfortunately, there is not real way to prove it I don't think. I guess we will be able to tell more when they get the liner out and inspect the walls better. I also think it is funny that there were no problems for 15 years. In 2010 there was major flooding in this area and the water table rose so much it came through a crack in the floor of our basement. You would think it would have done this then.

oh no! my heart hurts for you. I can't begin to tell you how to fix this, but I pray you are able to without a lot of cost involved. I'm so sorry!

Intex 18/52 pool at 7000 gsllons.
vinyl sift sided pool
intex 1500 gph sand filter and intex swg at 1500 gph.

Just to update... Got my pool fixed. The bottom and sides were sand so I got the sandcastle effect when groundwater came in and my walls caved on all 3 sides of deep end. A diff pool company replaced with pool crete. We are fixed now. The guy that constructed the pool has about 10 more in my immediate area that done the same thing as mine!!! It is obvious his work is sub par. After fill up and 8 lbs of stabilizer later we are all balanced out and ready to go.

Awesome! Glad you got it fixed. I think $2500 is a great deal to fix the cave in and replace liner. We are paying more than that just for replacing the liner. What liner did you go with? Have any pictures of it with the water? We've ordered our new liner but not real sure how well I like it. Would love to see the name and a photo if you could post them. ;)
Sherry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.