Dolphin Edge?

bonnieboop

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Sep 18, 2015
Concord, MA
My PB is recommending the Dolphin Edge over the Dolphin Premier 500. He says the Dolphin Edge is what he can get through his supplier and doing it that way make him (ie: the PB), responsible for the warranty. He's quoting me $2550 for the Edge, which is outrageous -- considering the price for the pool build includes all electrical -- which means all he has to do is put an extra plug out at the pool area in which to run the Dolphin.

Anyone know anything about the Edge? Pros and cons? How does it compare to the Premier 500?

Thanks!

$2550 seems ridiculous. Any time a PB says "This is only what I can get because xxx..." usually means the have an ulterior motive such as an agreement with a supplier where they make more money on item XYZ. You can get a great robot for $1000 to $1500 and adding an outlet is trivial cost as part of a build.

Yup -- that's my thinking too. I emailed the PB (or rather, the salesman I deal with), and told him what I can get the Dolphin Premier 500 for. I compared the Premier 500 to the Edge and they're basically the exact same thing -- except the Premier 500 has a 3-year warranty from Dolphin and the Edge would have a 2-year warranty from the PB. I told the PB if he can be competitive with the Premier 500, it's easier for me to get the Edge from him, but if not, I'll buy the Premier 500 via the web and he can credit me back for the cost of the Paramount in-floor system I was originally going to go with. I can use the credit toward a diving rock and a large waterfall, IMHO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.