Installed Circupool VJ-1

WASP

Oct 21, 2015
Katy/Texas
I installed my Circupool VJ-1, 3 speed pump today. I also installed the Circupool RJ30+ chlorine generator this past week.

The only challenging part of the install was the fact That the original plumbing was built so tight that you could not just trim the pipe and use a standard pipe coupling to splice the new line in. I ended up machining an internal pipe coupling from a pvc bushing. If I had not been able to do that I would have had to replace 3 - 2" Jandy valves which the pool store wanted $100 each. You can get the same valves on Amazon for $40 each.

My main circulation pump used to draw 10A @ 240V, now I draw 1.5A on low speed which gives me 25 GPM. My daily cost to run the main pump has dropped from $2.62 to $0.39, which is an 85% reduction in cost to operate. That makes the payout less than 300 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.