Opening pool today

I just added a gallon of 10% chlorine

FC 10
    CC. 0
    Ph. 7.2
    ally. 110
    CH. 200
    CYA. <30

Water is a little cloudy. I don't have the pump running yet to circulate and get honest numbers. I know I need to raise CYA (targeting 30). Will do OCLT to see if I need to slam. We've been filling slowly with well water for 4 days. Should have full today and pump running later. I cannot wait to vacuum the dirt off the bottom. We do not cover the pool in the winter, so it gets a lot of dirt and leaves. image.jpg. Any suggestions?
    St. Louis, MO, 25000 gal, 16x32 lagoon, vinyl, sand filter, Hayward pump, chlorine, install complete 9/12, Taylor TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opening pool today

Looks good for just opening.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I would have vac'd it first, filled it up, get pump running, THEN add chlorine to keep it from pooling and possibly damaging your liner.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't have a robot vac. Have to bring up the water level first to hook up the pump to be able to vacuum.
    St. Louis, MO, 25000 gal, 16x32 lagoon, vinyl, sand filter, Hayward pump, chlorine, install complete 9/12, Taylor TF100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds like me. I'm about to do some old-school vacuuming today myself.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

6. Back To Top    #6

4 days later, vacuumed twice. Much better. Ready for it to warm up!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

Very nice. Crystal-clear vision to the drains. Just what we like to see.