Opening for the season.

I'm back after a long winter break. Against my better judgment, I opened the cover several times after January. Things looked pretty bad! Next year, I need to block the cover end that evidentially allows bushels of leaves to blow into the shallow end.

I found TFP after spending $600 in 45 days last year on pools store chemicals and closing costs. Purchased the TF100 kit and started using it after my pool was opened 10 days ago. I'm on day 7 of my SLAM with clear water but 1.5 CC readings and 3-4 FC loss overnights. Took my first sample to the pool store today because I wanted to verify CYA. Last year, I had 90+ CYA. Did a couple partial drain and refills over the winter but when I say partial I mean 1-2 maximum at a time. This year my TF100 was reading 0 CYA. I added some dichlor and left over tablets knowing they would raise the level. A week later, still 0 which the pool store test confirms. Where did my CYA go? I'm perplexed.

My readings are different then store also.

My FC: 9.5
Store: 5.6

My CC: 1.5
Pool Store TC: 5.1

PH is at 7.2. Alkalinity at 196

Pool store started in on TDS. This is the same thing repeated as last year. I'm supposedly over 2000 which they claim needs a drain and refill. When I asked what causes that they informed me that every time I add chemical, I increase it. So they are essentially admitting to the problem :)

10 days ago

IMG_2666.jpg

Getting better
IMG_2737.jpg

1. Purchase enough liquid chlorine (or bleach) to get your pool to 10 ppm and put it in your pool. Check it 30 minutes later. If FC is 0 again (you have ammonia) repeat that process until you get some residual FC still in your pool.......that'll clear the ammonia.

Than, Purchase and dose enough CYA to bring it to 20-30 in your pool.

Next, begin the SLAM process. That will clear your pool. I am not sure why your CYA is not there but you will do a better SLAM if you dose the CYA to around 30 pp and then start your SLAM.

duraleigh,

The later picture is the as of 3 days ago. The water is clear and I'm not loosing much FC. I guess I should have labeled the post "where did my CYA go?" Last year at close it was 95. Now, 0.

I'm currently at FC=13, CC=1.5 using TF100. in the last 4 hours, I've lost 1-2 FC at best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.