Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any ideas what this is in our pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any ideas what this is in our pool?

About us - We moved into our new house with a pool on 04/01/16. We are first time pool owners. I apologize in advance for my lack of ability to speak intelligent "pool talk". Because we are still getting settled in and starting the process of getting our previous house ready to put on the market we have decided to continue the weekly pool service that the previous owners were using because we do not have the time right now to learn how to take care of it ourselves. That will be a goal of ours before the end of the year though.

Now my question - We have noticed a few of these spots in the pool. The photo makes them look soft to me - but they are not soft at all they are solid and have a texture to them. My husband tried a brush on them but that did not remove them. Any idea what it is and/or what we can do to remove them? These photos were taken at night with the pool light. During the day it really just looks like white mark but with the pool light shining you can really see the formation. Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read my long winded post!
    IMG_4668.jpg IMG_4669.jpg IMG_4667.jpg

-Shelley
    Last edited by smdebnam; 04-22-2016 at 11:26 PM. Reason: added name
    2010 Hobert 9,000 Gallon in ground pool, Filter Type/Size: 520 cart., Pool Pump: Intelliflo SVRS, 2nd Pump: 3/4 -hp pool sweep, Purification: Salt

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3
    2010 Hobert 9,000 Gallon in ground pool, Filter Type/Size: 520 cart., Pool Pump: Intelliflo SVRS, 2nd Pump: 3/4 -hp pool sweep, Purification: Salt

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Any ideas what this is in our pool?

Here is more info on Diagnosing Pool Plaster Problems
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Any ideas what this is in our pool?

pooldv Thank you!