No cya at all

Mar 29, 2016
Atlanta /Ga
Hi guys,

I opened my pool this april and it was pretty green ,i followed "all" the instructions(did not used liquid chlorine,i used Cal hypo for the slam procces) in this forum and i had amazing results!! (crystal clear)
but there is something that worries me ,it is the CYA ,ive been testing the whole month and i have not readings at all ,i know its been cold here in GA but today it was pretty warm 70s and still not Cya readings (i can still see the dark dot when i do the test)

i bougth

Any suggestions what should be the next step ? Some stabilizer ?

water temp 70*
ph - 7.8
Ta - 100
Ch- 160
CYA -Unknow :(
Vinyl Pool
28000 gallons

Regards David

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Let the water sample rise to room temperature before you test for CYA. If it clear to the top, then yes add stabilizer per Pool Math to get to at least 30 for now.

You don't list what your FC level is, so how is the chlorine level?

I have to add CYA every spring. We are close in part of world. We get a lot of rain which cause water turn over. It is just a part of our pool life..........I check my CYA monthly and top off as needed.

You are on the right track!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.