Chlorine maintenance while away...

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
I am pregnant and will be away for a few days during the birth of our child. You guys turned me into a TFP dork last year and I am totally in love with the method. So, I am very worried how my pool will be maintained while we are away for at least 2-3 days. I won't have anyone to "babysit" my pool that would be capable of doing correct testing and adding of bleach. Any ideas on the best method to keep my pool in decent shape?

Congrats!

Some chlorine tablets in a floater will work fine while your away. Be aware, they will raise your CYA a few points - so your chlorine target may go up a point or two. Many people use them while on vacation or away from their pool for a few days.

Congrats!

Some chlorine tablets in a floater will work fine while your away. Be aware, they will raise your CYA a few points - so your chlorine target may go up a point or two. Many people use them while on vacation or away from their pool for a few days.

Sounds like an easy plan. I guess it will all depend on what my opening cya is. I had a wonderful inherited cya level of >200 from the previous owners puck obsession last year :\

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe ask a friend to dump in your normal daily each add? I am always looking for ways to help my friends. Makes me feel good to help out!

True...by then I should be able to tell what my daily need is. Good idea.

Of course, I like Marian's plan better. I'm just not sure I can find anyone who lives close by as anal as me to stay on top of it. :geek: :crazy:

Lindz18....I did exactly what pooldv recommended above. I left for two weeks at the end of last year. I raised my chlorine level to shock levels, put my pump on a timer to run 6 hours a day and filled a floating chlorine tablet dispenser with 3" pucks with the dispenser window about half open. Came back from vacation to a crystal clear pool, chlorine levels still within the recommended window and a small increase is CYA. This was the advice I received when I asked the question you recently asked. Kudos to the good folks at TFP. Many thanks for the good advice..Lindz18, if you follow the suggestions you will be fine...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.