Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump died

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump died

My friends pump died today. Single speed 2.5 hp jandy pn 7-19388-20. I reccomended replacing with a 2 speed motor. For those who have done this - where did you purchase and how did you ensure your motor was compatible with the pump?

Also - in the mean time the plan should be to keep fc higher than normal and use a sump pump and a daily brush for circulation.

Thanks for your help!
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Pump died

Check with pool plaza I think they are in the DFW metroplex they have a good web site for replacement parts including 2 speed motors
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~